Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Craft Room Update

I thought I would take a few photos of my craft/sewing room while it is pretty cleaned up. I have added a few things to the room and thought I would share some of the things I added.


The photo below I made that hanging banner really easy and inexpensive. Target has Christmas 90% off right now and last week while buying some Christmas ribbon I came across these felt hearts. Now they say they are Ornaments and had gold strings on them that I cut off. They came 3 in a pack for each color and were on clearance for .10cents. Then I took some white ribbon I already had, so total for the bunting was .30cents, can't beat that. Hard to see up there on the shelf in the right hand corner, but I took a plain 11x14 canvas I had on hand and painted it aqua. After it was dried I took a printable from the computer on regular paper and decoupaged it onto the canvas, looks great and was also next to nothing, with all supplies on hand.  Oh and that little blue bottle on the shelf on the left was a plain glass bottle, but to switch it up I put the same aqua paint inside the glass bottle and then let it sit upside to let the excess drip out and then turned right side up to let dry.




The quilting sign and owl photo to the right of the photo were both Christmas presents from my family. Then the owls on either side of the doorway are wall sticker appliques from Pier One.



That thread holder was the plain one that I had before from Joann's and I just spray painted it aqua. I love to see all my different color threads up on the wall and it really gives it a bright look.


Nothing much different here except the sewing machine cover and then I took a $5 clock and personalized it with a paper design and mine name.


Just showing the owl heating pads that I made displayed on my blue shelf. These are fun and easy and here is the tutorial for them. http://justanotherhangup.blogspot.com/2011/02/love-birds-or-rice-filled-heating-pads.html

No comments:

Post a Comment